Discourse on New Electronic Music

21 September 2009

A Forum for Discussing Innovative Electronic Music

In this very first post at Discodiamonds, I’d like briefly to share my goals for this weblog. Basically, I created it as a forum to discuss new electronic, independent, alternative, and dance music, because for me it has been hard to find good music in North America, even through the internet. (One must constantly struggle to separate the wheat from the chaff, it would seem.) I would like this blog to serve as a means of spreading the word about new music and helping others discover the exciting bands, albums, singles, EPs, and remixes that I have discovered.

For me, the idea of a forum focussed strictly on one topic is too limiting, so at times I will broach discussions pertaining to other subjects such as art, literature, film, fashion, architecture, urban planning, politics, and world affairs, attempting to show wherever possible how the themes discussed in these areas relate to music in terms of aesthetics, content, and popular culture.

Finally, while the content of this blog largely reflect my own opinions, I welcome the opinions of others in a free discussion about how music makes us feel.

I hope you enjoy your visit to this site and discover something truly refreshing and inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment